header

header

Thursday, July 18, 2013

WTF Wednesday - Day 14

Some days are good days other days are just, days. Then you get those days that are so freaking up and down that you can't help but giggle as your head hits the pillow.

Yesterday, you gloriously emotional bastard.

My last post was about me, (as if you hadn't figured it out) and my latest crush. Me taking a chance at something. The imagery of a dog leaping and bounding as it welcomes home it's owner describes what was going through my mind. Happy thoughts like the Sound of Music and The Little Mermaid singing in her cave… Happy, happy thoughts.

Yoh, guys, word of advice. Don't build anything up, EVER. Because unfortunately that delight of owning up my heart, was quickly brought down to earth by the, FRIEND card.

Ohhh. Burn.

Yes, yes, you are allowed to have a good giggle.

But wait, there is more…

So after I received my email of rejection. (Just kidding Email Sender, it was put wittingly well), I drove home feeling extremely homesick and missing my friends. I needed a bottle of wine to console my aching heart… (okay, okay enough now it wasn't so bad - *whale sobs!*).
As I reached the first set of lights the traffic started. Holy chicken feet, for as far as I could see up Rivonia Drive it was piled. Urg, just what I needed - my bottle of wine so close but so, so far. It took me an hour to get home for a normal 20 minute drive. Dis-gusting.

Given that hour in the traffic, the radio soothed my broken heart by playing every single fucking love song from the 90s. Hi, Mariah, yeah I know a hero will never come along, thanks Whitney but he doesn't always love me, and no R.Kelly there won't be any Bump 'N Grind but thanks for rubbing it in though. As you can imagine, when I swung open my flat door to see my bottle of wine consumed from the night before it was, "Tragedy".

Ahh but yes, a few minutes from pointing at my bottle of wine and shouting "why! WHHHY!" my lovely Flattie walked in and promptly whisked me away to our favourite greek restaurant up the road. Yes, there was wine and yes, there was talk of off loading about stupid boys but it all soothed down to giggles about real life shit. Until this happened.

So I am not one to dwell on ex's, what's done is done and the heart pains but you get over it and swim back to the surface feeling more alive and more truer you than ever. But, when the love of your life, now married love of your life walks into the same restaurant as you after 3 years, glances your way and doesn't recognize you. Daily dears, you have two choices: 1. You steer your shocked face in an opposite direction and stare frightfully into your wine Or 2. Shout his name, smile, get up and fake a "Oh my gosh it's sooo good to see you" adult voice that really couldn't give a flying duck.

What option did I go for? Option number two. Seriously after THIS day, my shocked face turned into a 'What the fuck, seriously, universe are you effing kidding me, this is not happening' kind of face. Yes, it's the face that you get when you're pretending not to wee in a pool.

It went well, it was awkwaaard, but it ended in a smooth exit from him with the last words, "We should totally have drinks soon." and me nodding my head in a agreement, shouting inward, "not a fuck".

Overall, to wrap it up. I will be very happy to never see another Wednesday like that again.

ps. Thursday has been amazing. Oh and I got to see the real life Jake Gyllenhaal.

Booya!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...