header

header

Monday, July 22, 2013

Oh you are going to enjoy this - Day 16

I don't even know where to start.

First of all I am grateful for leaving my charger at the office over the weekend, because if I had written a blog post yesterday it would have been filled with butterflies, unicorns and sparkly pieces of my favourite emotions/emoticons. Because that's what successful dates do to a girl.

Oh my God.

This morning I walk into the office to a very happy looking colleague. I was equally pumped up on date endorphins, so entertaining anyone on my cloud nine was a must.

Monday had started off very well! *Let's all clap hands together!*

Me: "Heeeeey! Sooooo how was your weekend?"
Colleague: "It was great thanks, met this guy on Friday night and seemed to really hit it off. Saw him again yesterday for coffee - He seems like a really nice guy, BUT there is something that I can quite put my finger on."
Me: "That's awesome, I am sure it was just date jitters.. Sooo, funnily enough I also went on a date yesterday. Was a really fun arvi, haven't had such good convo like that in a while. And will probably see him again this week. Fuck FINALLY my bad luck is ending!"
Colleague: "haha, well apparently this guy knows half or our company and comes here often so I am sure you'll get to meet him."
Me: *Trying to hide a shocked face* "Um, what's his name?"
Colleague: "Name."
Me: " Oh. My. God. You said you saw him when? Yesterday??"
Colleague: "Yeah we went for coffee at 2.30pm in Parkhurst"
Me: "So you were his 2.30pm and I was his 4pm. IN Parkhurst! Not even in a different suburb, the same suburb, fuck, the SAME street. Areyoueffingkiddingme. Unbelievable"
Colleague: " OH MY GOD."

Now guys, like yes, YOU men, mean, men species. C'mon. Surely if you know both the girls you decided to entertain and you KNOW that they sit next to each other in the same office, and that they WILL talk - you would like to be a bit less obvious? Eyydunno.. Just a suggestion? Perhaps I have this all screwed up, and that maybe you suffered from some sort of memory loss walking from one restaurant to the other. Who the fuck knows, you are a royal idiot.

Now I have always had this agreement that you are allowed to date numerous people at the same time (See: Date, NOT bang!). Hey, single life is hard enough and you should never put all your eggs in one basket until those eggs are delivered to your door with a big heart shaped bow. Hek, I have a date tomorrow with a different guy, doesn't mean I am a playa. I am just enjoying new city life with new people. So this would be ok. But what's not okay is that, if you generally know that two girls are friends, they work together, let alone sit next to each other, WHY on EARTH would you be such a stupid dick? Look, I admire the "Playa" game, there are some real winners out there that get it right. But this is just plain stupidity. You are letting your 'playa' club down man.

The bottom line is, excuse me for fixating on this one area, but OBVIOUSLY two FRIENDS are going to talk, and you, Mr shit-where-you-eat, have to walk into our offices and see both of us - what do you think is going to transpire? I just don't get it?

I think overall I am just generally really disappointed that I had this, '*Air punch!* Successful date in the bag!' champion moment. When I should have just said, "Up your ziggy with a wawa brush".

Cupid, you son-of-a-bitch.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...