header

header

Friday, July 12, 2013

Fashion crisis - Day 11

One day in Joburg and I have hit fashion crisis mode.

I regard myself as a well dressed human, but being slightly adventurous in Durban one would think so too. Unfortunately right now, I need an actual look - which I feel I am failing at miserably.  My cupboard feels like a schizophrenic on acid. So many colours and random bits of cloth - nothing quite saying "this is my wardrobe". It's a disaster.

My friend and I were having this debate about women's versus men's fashion and how men have taken over on the variety shelf. Ladies merchandise is feeling very carbon copy. Every store calling out the same message. And the only ones that are pulling it off are late teens with 12 year old bodies.

I am not a stick. I have curves and my bum will never be as tiny as I would like. But when I try on some of these mod fashion items I feel like mutton. The look I am going for in my mind screams lamb, a hot sexy piece of lamb, alas the cut doesn't quite fit.

It's winter sale season. Normally I would be the first one rushing to the bins grabbing anything on 70% discount, but now I have to think about things in a more, rational fashion.

Perhaps I should hire a stylist? Then that even seems like a waste of effort as I am a professionally trained one. Dressing models for glossy pages is my background so why, oh WHY can't I seem to figure myself out?

I know what you're thinking - no, Pinterest doesn't help. Yes, it gathers my ideas into one fitted board, but the majority of my fun comes from men's fashion. Creating Mr Ken doll into a well dressed, dapper dude. I am bored of who I am and finding an alternative canvas to play on fuels my inner fashion creative...

*Long pause as I disappear into train of mood board thoughts.

Right that's it, I may have just typed my way into a decision. Monochrome, simple and stylish. Black on black, grey and white. Lips for colour and I NEED to get a haircut.

Well, that was quite easy.




Ps. This is me sincerely apologizing for not posting yesterday - no excuse other than Joburg just got away with me. Man this place, this place is FUN!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...