header

header

Monday, July 8, 2013

You are going to be just fine - Day 8

This is my honest voice. My arm around you giving you that squeeze you deserve. I am here to tell you that you make me so proud.

To my single mom,  the day you told me I was afriad for you, in my mind it was too soon, you hadn't finished being a reckless 20-something with me, we had so many nights and hangovers to deal with. I wasn't ready for you to leave my single side. But you had found love. Today a year later I see this person I have never met before. She is brave and responsible and takes motherhood in her stride. It's not easy for you, but babe you make it work. I remember when we were kids and you used me as your scape goat - your yard was full of milkshake and your dad knew it! Then I see this woman holding this bundle of joy, a creation made by you babe. It fills me with awe, love and light.

You are going to be just fine.

To my sister, it's been 17 years of family friendship. Remind me how we lasted this long? Oh the sea by the house. My second home filled with family and love. You too are a mom after my own heart, so brave and fearless. Your mind is incredible and your boldness bowls me over - you've become your own woman, you don't give a shit about the world but somehow do it your own way that does. Christmas will always be our day, you know wherever I am in the world I'll come home. If I could leave you with one thing it would be this: open your heart. Love is waiting for you, it's scary and hell, it's crazy but it will complete you. Let it in, be honest and kind. You don't always need to be so tough.

You are going to be just fine.

To my nesquick, 20 years of laughs and our life hasn't even begun. You are the most honest person in the world. It's been so many years of sharing secrets and sad moments. You know me better than I even know myself, when we are together, which is sadly seldom these days, you make me laugh until I pee. You've seen me at my darkest hour and yet in the most brutally, honest way possible tell me to get a life and move on. You my friend, have taught me the most about life, when something doesn't go your way smile until it passes. Or just show it the finger and run.

You are going to be just fine.

To my mentor, this is probably the hardest bit to write as you have had the biggest impact on my life. I can't say much more than I have already told you, cried to you, sat on a balcony and wined to you. Doll, you rock my party shoes off, literally! Our bond is unbreakable, (unless you try break it and then I might break you *winkyface*) our bond is like trance in Kai, it just goes, on and on and on. Yeah ok, so like…

You are going to be just fine.

To my once upon a time friend,  dude, what the hell happened? Are we just allowed to be distant and not talk? You and I have conquered the world together - sussed out every inch of a universal mind and shared a love for creativity like no other friends. You let a good thing go man, I am disappointed in you. It never had to be like this - unless you needed it to be. In that case I have some things to tell you: Get a grip of your life and spread those wings. You are far too talented and strong minded for this little town. Let go and go find a life you want to live. Other than that,

I guess you are going to be just fine.

To myself, this is a bit scary. You are leaving behind a lot of comforting thoughts and reliable habits. Sunday lie ins with your best friends are going to have to be put on hold for a while. Your social life is going to be tough, non of this walking into a place and knowing you'll see a familiar face. This is starting from the beginning again. I just want you to know that the grass isn't greener, it's exactly the same. You'll have to work hard at life this time, and eventually the grass will start to grow. No depending on others for happiness, or your mum for a sneaky buck. It's time to explore and increase that potential. You have so much to offer, believe in yourself and you'll see.

You are going to be just fine.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...